Continuing to redefine public relations through campaigns that resonate across diverse industries and audiences, local PR agency Nuffer, Smith, Tucker (NST) was honored with six awards at the San Diego and Imperial Counties Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) 2023 Edward L. Bernays awards, including the Bronze “Best of Show” Award.
Each year, the San Diego/Imperial Counties PRSA chapter present the Edward L. Bernays Awards, awarded annually to exemplary agencies, businesses and solo practitioners with Excellence and Merit awards. The Silver Bernays Awards recognize complete public relations programs and strategies, and the Bronze Bernays Awards are presented for outstanding public relations tactics.
“The PRSA Edward L. Bernays awards give us the opportunity to look back at some of the incredible work we’ve done as an agency and serves as a conduit for all of us to be inspired and celebrate the work of the public relations industry here in San Diego,” said Teresa Siles, president and partner at Nuffer, Smith, Tucker. “Our desire to explore and expand the role of public relations continues to ignite our passion for our clients and community, and these recognitions are a reminder of the impact communications can make.”
At this year’s Bernays Awards, NST stood out among its peers, earning three awards of Excellence, two awards of Merit, and one Best in Show for the agency’s work in 2022-2023. The agency was awarded:
- A Silver Merit Award for Community Relations, Government for its work creating AgVision for the Next Decade, a strategic plan to create opportunity for all Californians and help California agriculture thrive well into the future.
- A Silver Merit Award for Influencer Marketing for its work with long-standing NST client, WD-40 Brand, on its fiscal year 2023 influencer program. The year-long initiative included partnerships with six automotive influencers, three construction/DIY influencers, two maintenance, repair, and operations influencers and one farming influencer on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and TikTok activations that resulted in more than 176 million impressions.
- A Silver Excellence Award in the Word-of-Mouth category for WD-40 Brand’s response to the MSCHF “Smells like WD-40″ cologne campaign, which was also recognized by PR Week.
- A Bronze Excellence Award for Media Relations, Association/Governments for its media relations efforts on behalf of the Citrus Pest and Disease Prevention Division of California Department of Food and Agriculture in response to the first detection of a deadly citrus plant disease in the City of San Diego.
- A Bronze Excellence Award for Media Relations, Consumer Products and Services, for its work with EoS Fitness, a campaign which also earned the highest cumulative score in the Bronze category, earning the Bronze Best of Show award.
With more than four decades of experience using proven frameworks for strategic public relations and behavior change, NST provides strategic counsel to clients and industries that impact the San Diego community, the state of California and beyond. NST has partnered with hundreds of clients since its founding in 1974, maintaining strong relationships that often exceed the three-year industry average of other client/agency partnerships, including supporting WD-40 Brand for over 25 years, the Citrus Pest and Disease Prevention Program (CPDPP) for 10 years, and EoS Fitness for nearly four years.