The online world is dominated by video content. In 2023, video is expected to account for 82.5% of all web traffic, making it the most popular type of content online. According to a recent Forbes article showcasing the top website statistics for 2023, studies show that including video content on your website can increase time spent on a single page by 88%, with the average time spent on pages with video averaging six minutes.
Here’s how companies can push to explore beyond the norm of simple video capabilities to better connect with their audiences.
Take your audience on a journey
- Have you heard of the “How It Started vs. How It’s Going” trend? Well, a video is worth a thousand words when it comes to highlighting how your company has changed over the years. Look at the creative way Nike illustrates its brand journey in Just Watch It: The History of Nike in 3 Minutes.
Highlight your company’s mission, vision, & values to build your culture
- This is your opportunity to show appreciation to current employees, attract new talent, and illustrate how your company practices diversity, equity, and inclusion. Include employees of all different ages, backgrounds, and organizational hierarchy in your video. Ask employees directly what the company’s values mean to them. Take a look at how we helped our client, L&T Precision, show how people are their greatest asset.
Illustrate your company’s higher purpose
- Everything ladders up to your purpose (the core reason for your existence.) This is your opportunity to be more than just performative. Show your audience what strides you have made towards your goals. Make your current employees and future team members feel like they are a part of something bigger.
Here are some best practices for video content creation:
- Storyboard the concept. A video without a plan is likely to derail.
- Keep the videos short and focused, between 1 ½ minutes and 3 minutes in length.
- Consider authenticity in camera angles and background scenery. Highlight the physical workspace or remote working conditions.
- Get your participants to sign a video release. This is a basic but crucial step that gives you permission to use the footage.
In short, companies should reevaluate their website content and consider including video assets that speak to their history, where they are now, and where they are going as an organization, with content that demonstrates their values and purpose.
If you are looking for a partner to help curate creative video content, NST’s in-house creative team is here to assist with:
- Pre-production planning
- On-location filming with professional video, lighting and sound capabilities
- Editing and post-production
We offer video content creation and other digital solutions tailored to our clients’ goals and needs, helping them effectively reach and connect with their target audiences. Learn more and submit a request for contact to get started.