Agency Recognized for Consumer Product Marketing, Blogger Campaigns, Media Relations, Research, Direct Mail and Publications
Thanks to its strategic and creative approach to public relations, Nuffer, Smith, Tucker took home seven awards from the 2018 Edward L. Bernays Mark of Excellence Awards hosted by the San Diego/Imperial Counties Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America on Oct. 25.
The Bernays awards are always a highlight of NST’s year. We enjoyed visiting with colleagues, celebrating hard work and toasting to future award-winning projects as a team.
This year, NST was honored to take home one award in the silver category and six awards in the bronze category:
- Silver Award of Merit, Marketing Consumer Products and Services – For our work to launch WD-40 Company’s 3-IN-ONE RVcare, a new line of products specifically made for RVs.
- Bronze Award of Excellence, Blogger Campaigns – For our influencer marketing program that taps into crafting, trade and automotive influencers to showcase uses for WD-40 Brand products.
- Bronze Award of Excellence, Publications – For our Food Foresight 2018 Trends Intelligence Report, a proprietary trends intelligence system developed by NST in partnership with UC Davis. Food Foresight anticipates issues and trends affecting the agri-food chain so that Food Foresight clients, who represent top agricultural crops and entities nationwide, can help prevent or sidestep potential threats or accelerate opportunities.
- Bronze Award of Merit, Research/Evaluation – For our work developing a comprehensive research strategy for Ronald McDonald House Charities of San Diego. The research identified current levels of awareness of the charity via phone surveys, set goals for future growth, and used creative tactics and research insights to meet or exceed objectives.
- Bronze Award of Excellence, Word of Mouth – For our work assisting WD-40 Company with creating the Product Review and Opinion Board (PRO Board), a group of trade professionals and product users, who provide unbiased product feedback to fuel the research and development of new products and their uses.
- Bronze Award of Merit, Media Relations: Nonprofit – For our work to hold a media event that commemorated the reopening of Ronald McDonald House Charities of San Diego’s original eight-bedroom house – now named the North House. The event used a visual “stunt” to garner traditional media coverage. The stunt included volunteers, serving as a human chain, moving supplies from Ronald McDonald House’s main facility to the North House during the media event.
- Bronze Award of Excellence, Direct Mail – For a direct mail outreach campaign that used only door hangers, direct mail postcards and social media ads to promote client partner California Citrus Mutual’s free citrus tree removal program for homeowners in Los Angeles and Orange counties, where an incurable citrus tree disease had been found.
While we’re extremely proud of the award-winning work we produced this year, it could not have been accomplished without the support of our long-term client partners who continue to rely on NST. These awards are theirs as much as they are ours.
Interested in learning more about NST and the work we do? Reach out to us firstname.lastname@example.org.