“If you find a job you love, you’ll never work again.” That famous quote from Winston Churchill truly sums up why the “Great Resignation” is currently happening. The pandemic and the associated rise of remote work have changed the way we view our lives and the world. Employees are leaving positions that no longer fuel their passion, align with their values and, in all honesty, are not fun! Once upon a time, most people chose jobs based on titles and salaries — the pandemic has changed that way of thinking, finally.
Questions to Guide You To A Dream Job
Before you start your job search, you should consider what you value in a position and how you’ll know if you’ve come across the right one. Keep in mind, sometimes you won’t land your dream job right away, but you can land a job that sets you on the path to getting that dream job in the coming years.
- What type of work will make you feel fulfilled? Does it need to support a cause you care about or does the work just need to be interesting?
- What are your top three non-negotiables for a job opportunity?
- Will this job fit where you see your life in the next five years?
- Is there a company that you’ve always wanted to work with?
- Where are you willing to be flexible and compromise?
- What other job considerations aren’t as important right now, but may be in the next few years?
Questions To Ask In An Interview
Knowing that you have good benefits and can work remotely is great but to find the job that truly fuels your heart and passion, ask the following questions during a job interview:
- What are the company’s values?
- What is the company culture? Ask the interviewer to describe it.
- Does the company offer professional development training to allow team members to grow with the job and the profession?
- What does the company do to create strong relationships with co-workers and clients?
- Describe the work environment.
- What is the management style?
- What does work/life balance look like at the company?
- What three things are needed to succeed in the position?
It’s just as important for you to find a position you find exciting and rewarding as it is for the employer to find a candidate who fits into their culture. The right culture fit is the key difference between a job that pays the bills and a dream job.
At NST, we listen to our team’s needs and we strive to strike a work/life balance. We encourage continuous growth as well as make time to include some fun in the office! Our team enjoys weekly happy hours, 3 o’clock Fridays, birthday off as a holiday, a hybrid work schedule, along with other benefits!
If NST is the PR agency of your dreams, send us your cover letter and resume today. Our team is growing and, well, we like to see dreams come true!