Working at NST
Public Relations Account Supervisor
Nuffer, Smith, Tucker (NST) is the agency to work with. Whether you’re a client looking for PR support or a PR professional looking for an opportunity to grow your career, NST is where it’s at.
Our business is growing and we’re hiring for multiple positions. But we know it’s not just about us; it’s about you! Are you an intelligent, solutions-oriented strategic thinker who loves helping people see things they wouldn’t see on their own? Do you have 6 years or more of PR experience planning and executing successful client projects? Are you eager to bring your whole self to work at a fun-filled Southern California office where we celebrate diversity and thrive on collaboration in a team-focused environment? Do you crave the opportunity to mentor future PR professionals and lead by example at a company with a strong learning and teaching culture? Join us.
Send us your resume, cover letter two writing samples and let us know what you bring to the table.
- Develop strategic communications plans and branding/message frameworks
- Lead execution of PR and marketing/communications activities
- Mentor and manage workloads of junior account team members
- Communicate with clients to provide counsel, deliver results, foster a positive relationship and manage expectations
- Understand client opportunities, including paid, earned, owned and shared channels
- Build consensus and foster collaboration for client initiatives
- Craft and edit original content including public relations plans, press releases, pitches, collateral material, video scripts, social media content and more
- Deliver on clients’ design and digital needs with NST’s in-house experts by developing creative briefs and overseeing client feedback on creative and digital projects
- Establish and nurture relationships with media and key social media influencers
- Pitch news and trend stories with confidence
- Strategize and secure partnerships with influential groups such as trade associations
- Oversee account budgets, managing projects and NST efforts within budget
- Manage outside vendors and contractors
- Identify and secure new business, including development of appropriate strategies for presentations and written proposals
- Engage in agency promotion, professional development and team building
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations or related field
- Minimum 6 years of public relations experience, agency experience a must
- Ability to think strategically and see the big picture
- Experience pursuing and pitching new business opportunities
- Proven track record of securing local, national and trade media coverage
- Trade/industry association and business-to-business experience a plus
- Solid understanding of social media and digital strategies
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
Salary: $80,000 - $100,000
Please complete this form and upload your cover letter, resume and two writing samples and let us know what you bring to the table.