New year, new opportunity. Nuffer, Smith, Tucker is looking for the next explorer ready to jump in, roll up their sleeves and join the team as a public affairs/government relations specialist providing strategic communications, partnership building, elected official outreach and more for various clients.
With new ownership at the helm, new perspectives gained and ambitious plans to redefine the public relations industry, opportunity is ripe for someone who embodies a strategic mindset, a willingness to push the status quo, and shared commitment to continuous learning and the NST values.
In 2021, NST is embarking on a new strategic plan, rooted in empowerment of team members and client partners to reach their full potential. Want to join us? Send us your resume and a cover note to let us know why you’d be a fit.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key government officials, advocacy groups and citizens who are important to clients.
- Manage the creation and distribution of public affairs/elected official communications content across earned, owned, shared and paid channels.
- Extensive working knowledge of city, county and state public offices, including identification of key contacts and protocol for common requests.
- Develop strategic program elements as well as complete client program plan to achieve client goals.
- Collaborate with team members to develop comprehensive public outreach campaigns targeted at diverse stakeholder.
- Understanding and management of research methodologies and appropriate recommendations to clients to include research in planning efforts.
- Proactively monitor and research policies, legislation and regulations to see what changes could be advantageous and which trends might negatively impact clients.
- Effectively collaborate with account teams to produce high quality work that meets the clients’ objectives and that stays within budgetary constraints.
- Prepare reports and presentations to deliver on our client’s behalf to key government officials and groups.
- Represent clients at industry forums and events.
- Travel as needed for client meetings, forums and special events.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, communications, public relations or related field.
- Seven or more years of progressive professional experience in government relations, public affairs and community outreach.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Experience in developing and maintaining elected official and other stakeholder relationships.
- Experience working independently and being a positive, active member of teams.
- Strategic thinking skills and the ability to work off of a plan. Prefer knowledge/curiosity of agriculture.
- Experience in outreach to culturally and ethnically diverse audiences, constituents and partners.
- Extensive driving may be required. Position requires travel (up to 30%) within the state.
Submit a resume, references, salary requirements and minimum of two writing samples when replying to this job posting.