Nuffer, Smith, Tucker (NST) is the agency to work with. Whether you’re a client looking for PR and public affairs support or a public affairs professional looking for an opportunity to grow your career, NST is where it’s at.
Our business is growing and we’re hiring for multiple positions. But we know it’s not just about us; it’s about you!
For this role, you’ve got to be someone really special – confident, creative, experienced, but still hungry to learn. Someone who knows who to call and how to get noticed by key city and county officials across California, and beyond. Someone who can command attention and hold their own in room filled with diverse viewpoints. Someone who loves helping people see things they wouldn’t see on their own, who isn’t afraid to ask questions and is skilled at cultivating strong relationships. A team player who thrives when collaborating with some of the industry’s best and brightest. Is this you?
We don’t hire off of key words. We hire real living people who have voices and perspectives, and we want to hear them. Do you crave a seat at the table? Join us.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key government officials, advocacy groups and citizens who are important to clients.
- Manage the creation and distribution of public affairs/elected official communications content across earned, owned, shared and paid channels.
- Extensive working knowledge of city, county and state public offices, including identification of key contacts and protocol for common requests.
- Develop unique outreach and relationship building strategies to achieve client goals.
- Collaborate with team members to develop comprehensive public outreach campaigns targeted at diverse stakeholders.
- Understanding and management of research methodologies and appropriate recommendations to clients to include research in planning efforts.
- While the current position is not policy heavy, we’re seeking candidates with the understanding of how to proactively monitor and research policies, legislation and regulations for client impacts.
- Effectively collaborate with account teams to produce high quality work that meets the clients’ objectives and that stays within budgetary constraints.
- Prepare reports and public speaking presentations to deliver on our client’s behalf to key government officials and groups.
- Represent clients at industry forums, conferences and events.
- Travel as needed for client meetings, forums and special events.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, communications, public relations or related field.
- Five or more years of progressive professional experience in government relations, public affairs and community outreach.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Experience in developing and maintaining elected official and other stakeholder relationships.
- Experience working independently and being a positive, active member of teams.
- Strategic thinking skills and the ability to work off of a plan. Prefer knowledge/curiosity of agriculture.
- Experience in outreach to culturally and ethnically diverse audiences, constituents and partners.
- Extensive driving may be required. Position requires travel (up to 30%) within the state.
Submit a resume, references, salary requirements and minimum of two writing samples when replying to this job posting.