Nuffer, Smith, Tucker is a leading San Diego public relations firm serving local, regional and national clients with strategic planning, marketing communications, branding, media relations, public affairs, design and digital services.
Nuffer, Smith, Tucker is currently hiring for either an account supervisor or account director (based on experience) to help lead strategic communications, partnership building, media relations and more.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop strategic communications plans
- Develop positioning, branding and message platforms
- Identify and secure new business, including development of appropriate strategies for presentations and written proposals
- Lead public relations and marketing communications activities, managing workloads with junior account team members to contribute at a team and individual level
- Write and edit public relations plans, press releases, pitches, collateral material, video scripts, social media content and more
- Strategize and secure partnerships with influential groups such as trade associations
- Evaluate and coordinate sponsorship opportunities and participation at key trade shows and events
- Coordinate with public affairs team on outreach to elected officials and local government
- Communicate with clients to provide counsel, deliver results, foster a positive relationship and manage expectations
- Juggle competing deadlines and expertly manage time
- Build consensus and foster collaboration for client initiatives
- Oversee account budgets, completing monthly billing on-time
- Manage outside vendors and contractors
- Manage clients’ design and digital needs with NST’s in-house experts by developing creative briefs, and overseeing client feedback on creative and digital projects
- Routinely staff off-site meetings
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations or related field
- Minimum 8 years of public relations experience, agency experience a must
- Ability to think strategically and see the big picture
- Experience pursuing and pitching new business opportunities
- Proven track record of securing local, national and trade media coverage
- Trade/industry association and business-to-business experience a plus
- Solid understanding of social media and digital strategies
- Excellent writing, communications and presentation skills
- Master multi-tasker
Your Future Team
We’re a hard-working, fun-loving group at NST. We approach all client work strategically, creatively and with enthusiasm. When we find the ideal candidate, they usually join our team for the long run. We enjoy thinking big, but aren’t afraid to roll up our sleeves and get things done. We believe in balancing hard work and fun, doing what’s right, being collaborative yet candid and getting stuff done. We strive to live our values every day.
If you’re the type of person who hates collaborating with coworkers, can’t stand beer-and-chips Fridays and detests award-winning work, then you might want to click right past this job listing. But if all that doesn’t sound half bad to you, then let’s talk.
Submit a resume, references, salary requirements and minimum of two writing samples when replying to this job posting.
No calls please.