New year, new opportunity. Nuffer, Smith, Tucker is looking for the next explorer ready to jump in, roll up their sleeves and join the team as an account supervisor or account director (based on experience) providing strategic communications, partnership building, media relations, influencer outreach and more for national brand and other clients. The ideal candidate will operate autonomously, eliciting trust from and offering strategic counsel and guidance to clients and junior team members.
With new ownership at the helm, new perspectives gained and ambitious plans to redefine the public relations industry, opportunity is ripe for someone who embodies a strategic mindset, a willingness to push the status quo, and shared commitment to continuous learning and the NST values.
In 2021, NST is embarking on a new strategic plan, rooted in empowerment of team members and client partners to reach their full potential. Want to join us? Send us your resume and a cover note to let us know why you’d be a fit.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop strategic communications plans
- Develop positioning, branding and message platforms
- Identify and secure new business, including development of appropriate strategies for presentations and written proposals
- Lead public relations and marketing communications activities, managing workloads with junior account team members to contribute at a team and individual level
- Write and edit public relations plans, press releases, pitches, collateral material, video scripts, social media content and more
- Strategize and secure partnerships with influential groups such as trade associations
- Evaluate and coordinate sponsorship opportunities and participation at key trade shows and events
- Communicate with clients to provide counsel, deliver results, foster a positive relationship and manage expectations
- Juggle competing deadlines and expertly manage time
- Build consensus and foster collaboration for client initiatives
- Oversee account budgets, completing monthly billing on-time
- Manage outside vendors and contractors
- Manage clients’ design and digital needs with NST’s in-house experts by developing creative briefs, and overseeing client feedback on creative and digital projects
- Routinely staff off-site meetings
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations or related field
- Minimum 8 years of public relations experience, agency experience a must
- Ability to think strategically and see the big picture
- Experience pursuing and pitching new business opportunities
- Proven track record of securing local, national and trade media coverage
- Trade/industry association and business-to-business experience a plus
- Solid understanding of social media and digital strategies
- Excellent writing, communications and presentation skills
- Master multi-tasker
Submit a resume, references, salary requirements and minimum of two writing samples when replying to this job posting.