San Diego County McDonald’s Test of All-Day Breakfast
In April 2015, NST was tasked with developing a public relations campaign for the highly visible, long-anticipated rollout of San Diego County McDonald’s test of All-Day Breakfast. With national media attention fixated on San Diego’s test of All-Day Breakfast, NST used traditional media, digital/social outreach and a customer appreciation event to get the word out locally.
NST created a special "preview" for media and My McCafé Club members, an affinity club NST managed on behalf of local McDonald’s owner/operators. Major broadcast stations attended to interview customers and McDonald’s corporate representatives at the festivities.
On launch day, NST hit the ground running by conducting food drops to broadcast television and radio stations, securing on-air mentions during popular drive-time programs. Additionally, NST worked with leading print publications, like The San Diego Union-Tribune and San Diego Family Magazine, and popular bloggers and digital news sites to cultivate excitement about breakfast’s expanded availability. NST utilized San Diego County McDonald’s social media platforms, an affinity club email marketing campaign and the SDMcDonalds.com website to further the announcement reach.
- 16 television/radio segments with an estimated viewership of 546,944
- Nine broadcast television and radio food drops, accompanied by on-air mentions and social media engagement
- 5,745 emails opened by club members
- 700% spike in website visits on launch day
- U-T San Diego exclusive preview article appeared on the front page of the business section
- National pickup through AOL, Bloomberg Business, CNBC, Eater, The Huffington Post and USA Today