Drop & Give Me 40 Satellite Media Tour with "The Gunny"
WD-40 Company tasked Nuffer, Smith, Tucker with increasing sales of
Nuffer, Smith, Tucker developed partnerships with military charities and created a 10-cent per can donation program. Using and message-training a credible military spokesperson, talented character actor "The Gunny" R. Lee Ermey, and coordinating all outbound communications (PR outreach, social media, Fan Club e-Blasts), NST spread the word about the new
NST kicked off the
- 34 media interviews generated by the satellite media tour – 29 TV, two radio and three Internet interviews – including one TV interview, which aired 154 times.
- 75 percent of the broadcast interviews were in top 50 media markets.
- 7 million viewers and listeners reached by interviews nationwide.
- The overall marketing program was widely supported by retailers.
- $100,000 was awarded to three military charity partners on Memorial Day.