Dairy Council of California Industry Relations
Nuffer, Smith, Tucker (NST) was tasked with regularly communicating the Diary Council of California’s activities and achievements to the dairy industry in order to show long-term value and sustain industry support.
NST developed and implemented an industry relations plan to build awareness around Dairy Council of California’s nutrition education efforts and promote resources and tools designed to help producers and processors support dairy through their own outreach.
NST’s plan positioned Dairy Council of California as an industry partner and a catalyst for expanding the acceptance of dairy’s health assets among consumers. NST developed several materials to distribute to industry members and trade media outlets throughout the year, including:
- Dairy Council of California news and newsletters
- Bylined articles featuring Dairy Council of California leadership as an authority on dairy nutrition
- Resources and tools that support dairy products
- Nearly 70% of members surveyed recognized Dairy Council of California’s contributions to the dairy industry
- Articles and bylines featuring Dairy Council of California leadership exceed coverage from similar and national organizations year after year
- In 2012, requests from industry members for resources and tools increased over previous years.