At NST, we’re more than just "PR people." Our team is made up of a unique combination of car junkies, word nerds, marathon runners, book worms and outdoor adventurers. We balance hard work, fun and the needs of each individual, not just because that is one of our company values, but because it’s what we think makes for a great work environment and happy team members. What’s more, we believe diverse personalities, perspectives and experiences lead to a more creative – and fun – workplace. Want to join our team? View the job openings below or submit inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Account Executive
Nuffer, Smith, Tucker is a leading San Diego public relations firm serving local, regional and national clients with strategic planning, marketing communications, branding, media relations, public affairs, design and digital services. Nuffer, Smith, Tucker is currently hiring for a senior account executive position to help lead strategic communications, partnership building, media relations and more.
- Develop strategic communications plans
- Develop positioning, branding and message platforms
- Lead public relations and marketing communications activities, managing workloads with junior account team members to contribute at a team and individual level
- Write and edit public relations plans, press releases, pitches, collateral material, video scripts, social media content and more
- Strategize and secure partnerships with influencer groups such as trade associations
- Evaluate and coordinate sponsorship opportunities and participation at key trade shows and events
- Coordinate with public affairs team on outreach to elected officials and local government
- Communicate with clients to provide counsel, deliver results, foster a positive relationship and manage expectations
- Juggle competing deadlines and expertly manage time
- Build consensus and foster collaboration for client initiatives
- Oversee account budgets, completing monthly billing on-time
- Manage outside vendors and contractors
- Manage clients’ design and digital needs with NST’s in-house experts by developing creative briefs, and overseeing client feedback on creative and digital projects
- Routinely staff off-site meetings
- 10-20 percent travel within California
- Bachelor's degree in public relations or related field
- Minimum six years of experience
- Proven track record of securing local, national and trade media coverage
- Trade/industry association and business-to-business experience a plus
- Solid understanding of social media and digital strategies
- Excellent writing, communications and presentation skills
Your Future Team:
We're a hard-working, fun-loving group at NST. We approach all client work strategically, creatively and with enthusiasm. When we find the ideal candidate, they usually join our team for the long run. If you're the type of person who hates collaborating with coworkers, can't stand beer-and-chips Fridays and detests award-winning work, then you might want to click right past this job listing. But if all that doesn't sound half bad to you, then let's talk.
Submit a resume, references and minimum of two writing when replying to this job posting.
Interns at NST are a valuable part of our team. Our interns actively contribute to client work and gain vital experience in a fast-paced agency environment. As an intern, responsibilities may include creating media lists, drafting press releases, pitching reporters, compiling recap reports, writing social media content and conducting research.
- Qualifications: Senior in college or recent graduate, majoring or having majored in public relations or a related field
- Paid: Yes
- Time Frame: Three to six months
- Submission Requirements: Submit resume, cover letter and a minimum of two writing samples, including one press release (class work is acceptable)
- Email submissions to Mary Correia-Moreno, email@example.com