At NST, we’re more than just "PR people." Our team is made up of a unique combination of car junkies, word nerds, marathon runners, book worms and outdoor adventurers. We balance hard work, fun and the needs of each individual, not just because that is one of our company values, but because it’s what we think makes for a great work environment and happy team members. What’s more, we believe diverse personalities, perspectives and experiences lead to a more creative – and fun – workplace. Want to join our team? View the job openings below or submit inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public Affairs/Government Relations Specialist
Nuffer, Smith, Tucker is looking for a public affairs/government relations specialist to join their team. The ideal candidate will have experience educating elected officials and be knowledgeable about the process of establishing and maintaining relationships with those in public office. Position requires travel (up to 30%) within the state.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop strategic program elements as well as complete client program plan to achieve client goals.
- Understanding and management of research methodologies and appropriate recommendations to clients to include research in planning efforts.
- Proactively research policies/legislation to see what changes could be advantageous and which trends might negatively impact clients.
- Effectively manage teammates to produce high quality work that meets the clients’ objectives and that stays within budgetary constraints.
- Establish and build strong relationships with key government officials, advocacy groups and citizens who are important to clients.
- Prepare reports and presentations to deliver on our client’s behalf to key government officials and groups.
- Represent clients at industry forums and events.
- Travel as needed for client meetings, forums and special events.
- Bachelor's degree in political science, communications, public relations or related field.
- Seven or more years of progressive professional experience in government relations, public affairs and community outreach.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Experience in developing and maintaining elected official and other stakeholder relationships.
- Experience working independently and being a positive, active member of teams.
- Strategic thinking skills and the ability to work off of a plan.
- Prefer experience of agriculture and transportation.
- Experience in outreach to culturally and ethnically diverse audiences, constituents and partners.
- Extensive driving may be required.
- Bilingual a plus.
Your Future Team:
We're a hard-working, fun-loving group at NST. We approach all client work strategically, creatively and with enthusiasm. When we find the ideal candidate, they usually join our team for the long run. If you're the type of person who hates collaborating with coworkers, and detests award-winning work, then you might want to click right past this job listing. But if all that doesn't sound half bad to you, then let's talk.
Submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirement when replying to this job posting.
Interns at NST are a valuable part of our team. Our interns actively contribute to client work and gain vital experience in a fast-paced agency environment. As an intern, responsibilities may include creating media lists, drafting press releases, pitching reporters, compiling recap reports, writing social media content and conducting research.
- Qualifications: Senior in college or recent graduate, majoring or having majored in public relations or a related field
- Paid: Yes
- Time Frame: Three to six months
- Submission Requirements: Submit resume, cover letter and a minimum of two writing samples, including one press release (class work is acceptable)
- Email submissions to Mary Correia-Moreno, email@example.com