Annual Awards Highlight Exceptional Public Relations Work by San Diego Agencies
Recognizing outstanding work in the field of public relations, the Public Relations Society of America, San Diego/Imperial Counties chapter awarded Nuffer, Smith, Tucker nine Edward L. Bernays Mark of Excellence Awards, which was the most awards won by a single agency for work meeting the highest standards of performance in the profession.
Nuffer, Smith, Tucker’s nine awards honor work done on behalf of numerous clients, including Chicken of the Sea, Markon Cooperative, WD-40 Company, California Citrus Research Board and 2-1-1 San Diego.
“Our team is ecstatic, and rightly so, as we enjoy pushing ourselves to produce exceptional work on behalf of our client partners,” said Nuffer, Smith, Tucker President Bill Trumpfheller. “Although award recognition is an honor, especially from our peers, positively influencing our clients’ bottom line is the greatest source of pride.”
Silver Bernays awards recognize public relations campaigns incorporating sound research, planning, execution and evaluation.
Nuffer, Smith, Tucker received recognition in the following Silver Bernays categories:
- Public Service – Award of Excellence for the “Save California Citrus” public service campaign for the California Citrus Research Board
- Marketing Consumer Products & Services – Award of Excellence for the WD-40 Specialist Product Line on behalf of WD-40 Company
- Multicultural Public Relations – Award of Excellence for the “Save California Citrus” campaign for the California Citrus Research Board
- Integrated Communications – Award of Merit for the “Getting the Job Done” campaign on behalf of WD-40 Company
Bronze Bernays awards, recognizing outstanding public relations tactics consisting of individual items or components of programs or campaigns, were received in the following categories:
- Smartphone/Tablet Applications – Award of Excellence for the Markon Produce Guide on behalf of Markon Cooperative
- Blogger Campaign – Award of Excellence for the 60s & Sensational Contest for Chicken of the Sea
- Social Media – Award of Merit for the 60s & Sensational Contest for Chicken of the Sea
- Creative Tactics – Award of Excellence for the creation of a custom challenge coin on behalf of 2-1-1 San Diego
- Public Service Announcement – Award of Merit for “Save California Citrus” on behalf of the California Citrus Research Board
Public relations agencies and practitioners from throughout San Diego and Imperial Counties converged at SeaWorld San Diego on Sept. 25, 2013 to honor colleagues at the annual awards ceremony. All entries are reviewed by a third-party, peer evaluation points system.
About Nuffer, Smith, Tucker
Nuffer, Smith, Tucker is an award-winning public relations and interactive firm headquartered in San Diego. The firm offers a full spectrum of services backed with years of hands-on experience to help its clients explore how relationships, conversations and storytelling are strategically formed into solutions to help achieve their business goals. Nuffer, Smith, Tucker is a partner in The WORLDCOM Public Relations Group, the world’s leading collaborative of global public relations firms. For more information about Nuffer, Smith, Tucker, visit www.nstpr.com or the firm’s Facebook page, www.Facebook.com/NSTPR.