For Second Consecutive Year, Agency is Most Awarded Organization in San Diego for Exceptional Public Relations Work
SAN DIEGO – In recognition of its outstanding work in the field of public relations, Nuffer, Smith, Tucker received 12 Edward L. Bernays awards from the Public Relations Society of America, San Diego/Imperial Counties Chapter, at the annual Edward L. Bernays Mark of Excellence Awards Ceremony on Oct. 15.
This year’s awards, which recognize the highest standards of performance in the profession, honor the agency’s work on behalf of the Citrus Pest & Disease Prevention Program, Greatbatch, Markon Cooperative, Milton’s Craft Bakers, San Diego County McDonald’s, Ronald McDonald House Charities of San Diego, WD-40 Company and White Labs.
In addition to its client work, Nuffer, Smith, Tucker’s annual Food Foresight report, a trends intelligence system for the agri-food chain founded by the agency more than 20 years ago with the University of California, Davis, was honored for its excellence as a tool for strategic planning and issues and crisis management.
“We can’t thank our client partners enough for the opportunity to work on projects and campaigns that provide creative and strategic stimulation for our team,” said Nuffer, Smith, Tucker President Bill Trumpfheller.
“We measure success in terms of relationships and results, and we’re honored to work with leading companies and organizations who have trusted in our partnership to help them achieve success.”
Nuffer, Smith, Tucker received recognition in the following Silver Bernays categories, which honor complete public relations campaigns rooted in sound research, planning, execution and evaluation:
- Marketing Consumer Products and Services – Award of Excellence for “San Diego County McDonald’s McCafé Petite Pastries Launch”
- Internal Communications – Award of Excellence for “Citrus Pest & Disease Prevention Program, Saving California Citrus”
- Integrated Communications – Award of Excellence for “WD-40 Company’s Pros Talking to Pros Campaign”
- Issues Management – Award of Merit for “Citrus Pest & Disease Prevention Program, Saving California Citrus”
Bronze Bernays awards, which recognize outstanding public relations tactics consisting of individual items, or components of programs or campaigns, were received in the following categories:
- Media Relations Association/ Nonprofit/Government – Award of Excellence for “Ronald McDonald House Charities of San Diego 2014 Dream House Raffle”
- Smartphone/Tablet Applications – Award of Excellence for “Markon Cooperative Produce Guide Mobile App Phase Two”
- Blogger Campaigns – Award of Excellence for “Milton’s Craft Bakers’ Sweet Crackers Product Introduction”
- Online Videos – Award of Excellence for “White Labs: FlexCell™ Technology and PurePitch™ Packaging Commercial and Consumer Video Reveals”
- Special Purpose Publications – Award of Excellence for “Food Foresight”
- Marketing Consumer Products and Services – Award of Merit for “The San Diego County McDonald’s McCafé Petite Pastries Launch”
- Press Conferences – Award of Merit for “Tijuana Press Conference Announces Greatbatch Expansion in Mexico”
- Direct Mail/Direct Response – Award of Merit for “Citrus Pest & Disease Prevention Program Saving California Citrus”
Public relations agencies and practitioners from throughout San Diego and Imperial Counties came together at The Prado in Balboa Park on Oct. 15, 2014 to honor public relations campaigns and tactics at the annual awards ceremony. All entries are reviewed through third-party peer evaluations on a points system.
About Nuffer, Smith, Tucker
Nuffer, Smith, Tucker is an award-winning public relations and interactive firm headquartered in San Diego. The firm offers a full spectrum of services backed with 40 years of hands-on experience to help its clients explore how relationships, conversations and storytelling are strategically formed into solutions to help achieve their business goals. Nuffer, Smith, Tucker is a partner in The WORLDCOM Public Relations Group, the world’s leading collaborative of global public relations firms. For more information about Nuffer, Smith, Tucker, visit www.nstpr.com or the firm’s Facebook page, www.Facebook.com/NSTPR.