So in the “spirit” of the haunted holiday, here are a few great ads, fun music and some awesome apps to get you in the Halloween mood.
Halloween is sweet on its own, but I just love that this is the one time out of the year that advertisers get to be dark, edgy and a bit sarcastic all in the fun of the season.
Some of my favorites from this year are:
- Reeses – The Headless Horseman
- Snickers – The Horseless Headsman
- Chipolte – Scary Fast Food Chain
- And although it is not technically a Halloween ad, the Geico Chainsaw ad, still makes me laugh.
- A very useful app, Vivino will help you pair wines with specific candy
- Halloween Card Creator – You can create Spooky cards to share with your friends
- Halloween! – Everything you need for Halloween all in one app, or so they say. It has ringtones, wallpaper and more.
- Zombie IMake – Let’s younger kids make their own zombies.
- Tick or Tracker (for the lazy parent) – Lets your kids keep you informed of their whereabouts.
- Halloween City – A fun game for all ages.
Halloween Theme Music
If you have Spotify, feel free to check out my Halloween playlist.
If you live here in San Diego, Here are a few Halloween activities that you may want to check out.
My favorite is Maryland Street in Hillcrest/University Heights where they do it up right.
I hope you have a frightful beginning to your holidays. Let NST know what your favorite Halloween ads or apps are on our Facebook page. And also, please send me your “best of” Thanksgiving and Christmas suggestions. Yours could make the next holiday blog post!