Four billion pieces of content are shared each day on Facebook. More than 200 million tweets are sent every day. People watch more than 3 billion videos each day on YouTube.
These were just a few of the facts highlighted on screens throughout Proper Gastro Pub during this week’s San Diego Wine Wednesday gathering. The sold out event, presented by Nuffer, Smith, Tucker and the Word of Mouth Marketing Association (WOMMA), was designed to give people an opportunity to chat about the latest social media trends, best practices, lessons learned and what to expect in the future (with a beverage in hand, of course).
Our very own Bill Trumpfheller highlighted some trends that has our team buzzing about:
- The growth in mobile – consumers increasingly use on-the-go forms of communication
- The cultural shift in privacy concerns – a growing divide between privacy advocates and those willing to share everything
- The growth of e-commerce throughout social media, and how it will drive deeper brand loyalty
- Simpler content generation and sharing, and how brands can cut through the clutter
- The future for social media and word-of-mouth marketing is changing and unknown, but at the end of the day it’s about recognizing that a happy customer is the greatest endorsement.
Thanks to Proper Gastro Pub, who provided great service, delicious wine and appetizers, and a stunning view of Petco Park, and congrats to Kari Luu from Harrah’s Rincon, who won a free ticket to the upcoming San Diego Social Media Symposium by posting her own burning social media question on our listening board!
You can check out photos of the event on NST’s Facebook page, and help us continue the dialogue year-round by posting on the wall and interacting with each of us on Twitter (just follow #NSTPR). Also, please share your ideas for the upcoming San Diego Social Media Symposium by going to SDSocialMediaSymposium.com.