Nuffer, Smith, Tucker is currently hiring for senior for either an account executive or senior account executive (based on experience) to help lead strategic communications, partnership building, media relations, influencer outreach and more for various clients. The ideal candidate will be required to wear many hats but will most likely have fun doing it.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Participate in developing strategic communications plans, and branding and messaging frameworks to drive clients’ success
- Lead execution of public relations and marketing communications activities
- Regularly communicate with clients to provide counsel, deliver results, foster a positive relationship and manage expectations
- Write and edit public relations plans, press releases, pitches, collateral material, video scripts, social media content and more
- Pitch and maintain relationships with reporters and media outlets relevant to clients’ success
- Develop relationships with key influencers and manage these relationships for client benefit
- Coordinate with public affairs team on outreach to elected officials and local government
- Follow mainstream and industry news to identify trends that can help NST and its clients explore new ways to create conversations and build relationships
- Communicate with clients to provide counsel, deliver results, foster a positive relationship and manage expectations
- Juggle competing deadlines and expertly manage time
- Oversee account budgets, completing monthly billing on-time
- Manage outside vendors and contractors
- Manage clients’ design and digital needs with NST’s in-house experts by developing creative briefs, budgeting time, and overseeing client feedback on creative and digital projects
- Efficiently manage time to meet client deadlines, stay on budget and engage in NST operations, team building and promotion
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations or related field
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Public affairs experience a BIG plus
- Strategic thinker
- Ability to gather and analyze data effectively
- Proven track record of securing local, national and trade media coverage
- Solid understanding of social media and digital strategies
- Experience managing influencer outreach campaigns a plus
- Excellent writing, communications and presentation skills
- Skilled multi-tasker
Your Future Team
We’re a hard-working, fun-loving group at NST. We approach all client work strategically, creatively and with enthusiasm. When we find the ideal candidate, they usually join our team for the long run. We enjoy thinking big, but aren’t afraid to roll up our sleeves and get things done. We believe in balancing hard work and fun, doing what’s right, being collaborative yet candid and getting stuff done. We strive to live our values every day.
If you’re the type of person who hates collaborating with coworkers, can’t stand beer-and-chips Fridays and detests award-winning work, then you might want to click right past this job listing. But if all that doesn’t sound half bad to you, then let’s talk.
Submit a resume, references, salary requirements and minimum of two writing samples when replying to this job posting.