Nuffer, Smith, Tucker is currently hiring for a creative manager to oversee creative services on major consumer products brands, and other various clients.
Nuffer, Smith, Tucker is a leading San Diego public relations firm serving local, regional and national clients with branding, design and digital services in addition to strategic planning, marketing communications, media relations and public affairs services.
The creative services manager will oversee creative direction for the firms’ clients, while also coordinating day-to-day activities and technical execution. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, demonstrates the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and is detail-oriented, with the ability to look at the bigger picture. This person is passionate, inquisitive, and can think both strategically and creatively to produce the best work possible.
- Develop concepts and designs for clients including, but not limited to, print, digital and video assets.
- Manage and coordinate creative projects, from inception through final delivery, ensuring work is completed within expected time frames with a balance of quality and speed.
- Develops and delivers innovative creative proposals and products to capture both account growth and new business opportunities.
- Develops project estimates/budgets and is responsible for adhering to approved budgets.
- Takes brand strategies and interprets them into successful creative to meet client’s needs. Ensures all content follows client standards, is on-brand, consistent in terms of style and quality, and optimized for user experience for all digital platforms.
- Oversee deliverables, timelines and budgets related to creative deliverables.
- Work closely with account team to ensure projects are within budget, scope and timelines.
- Manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment, building strong relationships across the agency, and working with senior leadership, clients and vendors.
- Actively participates in the strategic brainstorming process, campaign development, creative brief development and assigns creative projects within the agency’s resources.
- Works closely with account managers to solve marketing challenges through smart, well-designed advertising and collateral materials.
- Ability to think creatively against challenging deadlines while maintaining a sharp attention to detail.
- Has leadership abilities that encourage learning and excellence among colleagues.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management and inherent in the position.
- Maintains knowledge of changing design technologies, processes, and trends.
- Bachelor’s degree (art emphasis preferred).
- 5-10 years of experience in an agency setting.
- Expert level knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite products (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign).
- Well-versed in user-centered design methods and techniques.
- Experience in production, photo retouching, graphic design, typography and layout are essential. A thorough understanding of file preparation for offset printing is critical.
- Effective, clear and concise presentation skills.
- Computer skill set that includes strong proficiency with the Apple OS and Adobe Creative Cloud software programs including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Strong evidence of creativity, innovation and vision as it pertains to client materials.
- Ability to effectively manage multiples projects and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in interacting with vendors, internal staff and clients.
Your Future Team
We’re a hard-working, fun-loving group at NST. We approach all client work strategically, creatively and with enthusiasm. We enjoy thinking big, but aren’t afraid to roll up our sleeves and get things done. When we find the ideal candidate, they usually join our team for the long run.
If you’re the type of person who hates collaborating with coworkers, can’t stand 3 p.m. Summer Fridays and detests award-winning work, then you might want to click right past this job listing. But if all that doesn’t sound half bad to you, then let’s talk.
Submit cover letter, salary requirement and design samples when replying to this job posting.